After we had a class discussion about what diligence is we shared some examples of when we had been diligent. Here is what we came up with...
Being diligent is when you're...
- Baking cookies and you're trying really hard to make sure that you carefully follow the recipe so that your cookies turn out right.
- Carefully planning and putting Lego pieces together to construct a Lego castle.
- Focusing carefully on your dance moves and aiming for excellence. It's important to be diligent when you're dancing, because otherwise you could hurt yourself.
- Trying your best to construct a sentence or paragraph correctly. You have to remember to try your best with spelling, punctuation and organising your ideas.
- Working hard to improve your Maths on Maths Whizz by doing some at home or while you're waiting for the bus, as well as in class time.
- Taking time with your learning and care with your presentation, instead of rushing it to try and do a quick job.
- Trying again and again to get your horse to jump over the jumps so that you can lift them up to the next level.
How can you show diligence this week? Don't forget to draw a picture and write a couple of sentences at home this week. You will get to share these on Friday.