- Window chalk
- Using playdough
- Whiteboards and whiteboard markers
- Rainbow writing (writing in different coloured pens)
- Practising our words in NZ Sign Language
- Making them out of Lego pieces
- Writing the word down, chopping up the individual letters, mixing them up and then trying to put them back in the correct order.
- Coloured chalk on the concrete
- Using paint brushes and water on the concrete
- Writing with a stick in the sandpit
- Using a glow stick to write our words in the air, once it's dark (one for home).
- Writing in invisible ink. To do this you will need to squeeze lemon juice into a cup. Use a cotton bud to dip into the lemon juice and then write your words on paper. Wait for it to dry. Then to see your secret spelling words you can hold the piece of paper underneath a lamp. Remember to make sure that you hold it at a safe distance.
Here are some of the ways we practised our spelling at school today.
Window chalk on our class mirror.
Paint brushes and water.
Writing in the sand.
Using coloured chalk to write on the concrete.